Honestly? I don't think I'm going to be able to finish my NaNo this year. I started off really well and jumped ahead about two days worth of writing. But then I had to go in to drama class for a full day of rehearsals yesterday and then my sister had a horse show today and I'm exhausted from my rough drama day. So now I'm two days behind. It's really not that much of a big deal, I can easily make up 4,000 words in one day (I've done 7,000 words in one day before), but then there's the problem of next week.
Dun, dun duuuuuuuun.
Production week.
Usually we don't have a drama performance in November. But everyone loved our Beauty and Beast this past May that it's "BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!" And we're doing it again. Next week. In November. National Novel Writing Month. Argh.
So Tuesday I will be gone all day. Thursday I will be gone all day. Friday I will be gone all day. Saturday I will be gone all day. Sunday I will be gone all day. And by that time I'm afraid I will be so far behind with my NaNo, I won't be able to catch up in time for the deadline. Ugh.
I'm really disappointed about this. Especially considering I was so psyched about my story. It was going to be a really good one. But I suppose I could be a NaNo rebel and finish it next year. Providing that I don't get another, better, idea before than. Which of course wouldn't happen because it's not like I'm the Queen of Plot Bunnies or anything.
*sigh*
I hate quitting things. I really do. It makes me feel rotten and unaccomplished and blah. But I really can't see myself finishing this story in two weeks. At over 50k. PLUS I still have my old NaNo story that only has a few more chapters left that I need to finish already. Excuse me while I scream some more.
ARRHRHGURHUGHGGIUGHGHGHGUDASHGHSWOEINSGWBIUBSDLKJWOIQOINGDG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surprisingly, I don't feel any better.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Ryan! I'm so sorry.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could just have the rest of November in December, or January. You know, your own little Ryan's Novel Writing Fortnight (or however long you need).
That way you can still finish, just not in November.