Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Round One Wasn't What I Thought It'd Be

So I've decided to put my original NaNo story aside for the time being and work on a separate idea all together. I think it will work better actually, seeing as it has a broader plotline that I can take virtually anywhere I want, unlike To Save What Was Lost which had a very specific plotline without much wiggle room to put random things in, in order to up word count.

It's called The Blind Traveler, or, as some have come to known it, "the gypsy book" and the "flying monkeys on EVUL sporks" book. (Don't ask.) A synopsis and excerpt will be going up soon on the NaNo site (where I'm BeautyLikeNight by the by), although a cover might take a little while.

I'm probably too far behind to really catch up, but I'm going to do my best to get as close to 50k as I can. Hopefully this one will work out. I'll be cranking out as much words as I can on Wednesday (today if you're on the east coast, tomorrow if you're anywhere else in the US, yesterday if you're past the International Date Line, etc.), and then pick up again after B&B.

*takes deep breath*

I can do this. I know I can. Sorry about freaking out the other day. Others have gotten over 50k in less than a week, I can too . . . I'm sure. *bites fingernails nervously*

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Ryan! *sends a hug* Sorry the first idea didn't work out like you'd wanted. :-( I'm sure the second one will work out great, though! And remember---Winter wanted to do some warring with you, if you need some motivation. ;-)

    ReplyDelete