So I decided to chronicle my NaNo experience here because, well, that falls under the category of books right? Since I'm writing one? No? Ah well, I think it does and so here it is.
This will be my second year doing NaNo. Last year went well . . . enough. I mean, I got over 50,000 words, which is something, but I failed to finish my story. It just grew and grew and grew like one of those toy alligators you put in your water-filled tub and watch grow from an inch into a giant monster of one foot. I started out with no villain and then gained one in the process of writing, and I started out with a completely different ending than what is in my head now (since I'm still writing it . . . more or less).
Anyway, I plan to actually finish my NaNo novel this year. Which will probably be a toughie since my plots do seem to grow out of control. But I've got a semi-clear goal in mind, so hopefully that will help. It's called "To Save What Was Lost." I don't know of I'll be posting it anywhere.
At the same time however, I'm going to be attempting to write another story (call me crazy), this time to enter it into a scholarship thing. It has to be at least 17,000 words long, but I didn't plan on this series to be much longer than 100 or so pages each book. That's right, I'm writing a series. A fantasy series to be exact. "The Chronicles of Eramita." It has dragons, vampires, mermaids, werewolves, Oracles, kings, princesses, the whole shebang. As of right now I've only got book three in my head, which is annoying (since book three introduces my favorite character). It's a little hard to write for one book when you're constantly getting ideas for another (and I know from experience that it is hard).
So those are my ramblings on NaNo and a little extra. The fantasy story could possibly be posted up here in excerpts, even though I hate posting excerpts because you only get a glimpse of the story out of context and it's hard to understand. However, I can probably put it up in the NarniaWeb Writer's Guild or something like that.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To Save What Was Lost looks fascinating...thought-provoking stories like that are the best.
ReplyDeleteTwo at once? Oy...er...Good luck! You are one brave girl :P