Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm Alive

. . . and emerge victorious!

In the words of Julius Caesar: Veni, Vidi, Vici.

I actually finished my story. On time. Actually, with one day to spare! And at 65k words! That has never happened before. Last year I got 51k by the end of the month, but didn't finish the story. And I didn't write for three days on top of that.

This year, I started 11 days late, didn't write barely at all for three days, and yet still reached 65k and FINISHED the story. I'm amazed, truly awestruck. God definitely had a hand in this.

As I went along I found myself shifting from my original focus of the book. It started out being more of one of those "nice-but-nothing-exciting-happens" books. Then about halfway through I was hit with an actual plot and suddenly I had MAGIC! MERMAIDS! PROPHECIES! BETRAYAL! DEATH! SORCERY! FAERIES! So yeah . . .

It's in a horrible state right now, but I'm going to edit it as best I can and then self-publish it. I know family members will buy it at least, heh.

My synopsis took forever to write. I had one, but of course my story changed, so I had to make another one. My NaNo profile is here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/308863 with my new synopsis, a new excerpt, and a new cover. My sister helped me with my cover, since she's a much better Photoshop whiz than I am.

Boy, am I glad that's over! And yet, I'm a little sad too. Ah well, there's always next year!

"And so goodnight unto you all. Taketh my hand if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends."

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on winning!! :-D And I love the new cover, synopsis, and excerpt. I want to read it. ;-) Once I finish the other stories I have to read... :-P

    ReplyDelete